We just returned from Lake Powell and we had a great trip. My brother Chad and his family went , their friends Monte and Sandra. My mom and dad, and my brother Tagg and his wife. We stayed in Page, AZ again. It was cooler this year which is par for the weather everywhere. It was windier and the water was cooler. I think we've decided next time to go later in the summer.
The defining moments that come to mind are......
* Kimbri got up on the knee board and ski's for the very first time. And she liked it. Woohoo Kimbri!
* Having 1 on 1 time with Kimbri while we rode the tube for 30 miles back from Rainbow Bridge. We sang songs, told stories......probably the highlight of the trip for me.
* Sitting by the pool at night telling stories. Thanks to Tagg for the unforgettable crow story. (He'll never live it down).
* Everyone jumping off the rock doing a "crow tribute" to Tagg at the same time. HA, HA, HA, I'm still chuckling about that.
* Chad mocking John about last year not being able to speak after eating the hot wings and then sounding like a bubbling idiot himself this year. (what comes around goes around)
* Chad running out of gas returning from Rainbow Bridge
* We lost a towel and our flag while John and I had the top down going really really fast. It was awesome.
* We got our ski rope caught in the impeller and had to cut it off. Thanks to Grandpa for having his leatherman handy.
* I jumped off the cliffs this year more than once, the peer pressure was just too much, I had to do it. (dang competitive Williams blood)
* Grandma water skiing, will it be the last time????
* Lataun and I taking what we thought was a leisurely ride on the tube. What were we thinking riding behind the speed monster? John creamed us in front of everyone, we bailed big time and both our shorts came off. HA! It's revenge time Taun.
Enjoy some fun photos.This is my favorite picture of the whole trip. Priceless!
Grandma said she liked the tube but she always had a look of desperation.
Each day it got warmer.
I think they've been ship wrecked,
Ya can't get any more dramatic than this.
The Famous Five
Did he get that nose plug thing from Aunt Lataun?
Although Josh appears to be having fun, this is really a look of terror. He doesn't like to tube. We were sitting there after going fast and he goes "ah, this is perfect." I said, "Josh we aren't even moving." He never did decide it was fun.
"Feet first? Bahumbug! I raised a bunch of cowards."
Go Grandpa, it's your birthday, go Grandpa