Sunday, August 17, 2008

Soft Ball Mania

WOW! The last 2 weekends have been a tournament rollercoaster. Two weekends ago Kimbri's team the Grantsville Country Girls played in the Kaysville All Star Tournament. We started on Friday playing 2 games and we won them both so we were able to go home. On Saturday we won our first game and then lost our 2nd game putting us into the losers bracket. UGH! We then played 6 games total that day making a major comeback to place in 2nd. It was awesome.

Keep in mind we played our first game at 9:15 having to be there at 8:15 and finished our last game at 10:30pm. Talk about a long day. Grandpa and Grandma Williams drove down for the weekend to watch her play, they were troopers sitting in the heat all day. John left early to take Jack home and I offered Grandpa a way out of having to watch more softball but each game was as intense as the next and it was just too exciting to leave. I think they enjoyed themselves. It was cool over hearing Grandpa telling several people that his grand-daughter was the pitcher.

I think I ended up with a few gray hairs considering Kimbri pitched 5 of the 6 games on Saturday. She was awesome. I don't know how she stays so level headed, she's amazing to me. We were all mentally exhausted by the time it was all said and done. Kimbri on the other hand was sore for a few days after from pitching so many games.

Last weekend we played in a West Valley Tournament. It wasn't as dramatic as the last one. I don't know how to explain it but it was a weird tournament. The pitching was awful the first 2 days so the majority of scoring was done via walks. That makes for a long boring game. We also had the umpire from scaryville. I believe that it's her goal to get up each day and make everyone around her miserable. I've never met someone that was so easy to dislike. Anyway, after all the weird things we ended up once again in 2nd place. WoooHoooo!

I guess we're playing fall ball which means 4 more weeks left. (didn't I say that softball would not run our life? I'm sure that's what I said) You know me, there isn't anything I enjoy more than watching my kids compete in sports.

0 comments: